Stock Processing assistant
The stock processing assistant post is crucial in ensuring all products are checked, cleaned and tested before sale. This role ensures the smooth running of the operation so that customer’s needs are met and expectations on quality are exceeded.
You will be involved in a wide variety of tasks including; sorting donations; organising the stockroom; cleaning, testing, safety checking and fixing stock; ensuring a safe and organised working environment and preparing stock for sale. The role is fast paced and requires a highly organised individual who can work independently. Full job description is here
Merry-go-round is now entering an exciting new phase! We are expanding our shop and events space and with it comes the opportunity to expand the types and number of events that we host. The purpose built space will be three times larger, with evening access, and the opportunity to host a wider range of community activities.
We are now looking for a very organised, friendly, inspired and motivated person to lead on our events programming and promotion for the new space. Full job description is here
Merry-go-round is a community venture that couldn’t run without support from you lovely people.
We rely on volunteers to keep our shop running and there are lots of ways that you can get involved. We have standard volunteer roles such as retail assistant, events assistant and stockroom assistant where you can help sort stock, merchandise, create wonderful window displays, help customers or support our events. We also love volunteer gardeners, online sales volunteers, joiners, or events hosts too! We are very flexible and can work around your availability. All we ask is that you commit to a minimum of 3 hours per week.
Pop in to the shop for a chat about our current positions or get in touch to find out more
Current Volunteering Opportunities
- Online Sales Volunteer – Uploading stock for sale to our website, Gumtree and e-bay
- Retail Assistant – A bit of everything from sorting stock, doing window displays and helping customers
- Stockroom Assistant – Do you love organising? Can you put a washing on? Come whip our stockroom into shape!
- Marketing Assistant – Marketing our shop and events both online and by flyering all around town
- Referral pack Assistant – We are looking for someone to put together our free packs as and when requested